• Revolutionary acoustic design, delivering a natural, uncoloured sound.
• Extremely lightweight (just 76g), and short in length (just 203mm)
• Tailored frequency response and very low self-noise of just 10dBA
• Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and smooth off-axis response
• RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure superior performance in adverse environmental conditions
• Comes in a complete location recording kit with WS10 windshield, PG2-R pistol grip and other accessories
The NTG5 is a short, ultra-lightweight shotgun microphone ideal for use in the most demanding recording applications. Featuring a revolutionary acoustic design with circular ports replacing the linear slots found in other shotgun mics, it offers unmatched transparency and a more natural, uncoloured sound. Combined with a tightly controlled frequency response, smooth off-axis response, and very low self-noise (just 10dBA), the NTG5 sounds spectacular in a wide variety of applications, particularly location recording and demanding filmmaking scenarios where superlative audio is the imperative. No excuses.
The NTG5 is a boom operator’s dream, weighing a mere 76g and measuring just over 20cm, making it ideal for use on long, demanding shoots. It features RF-bias circuitry to ensure reliable performance in adverse environments, with excellent resistance to high humidity, severe cold, damp, and dust. And it comes with a WS10 deluxe windshield, PG2-R pistol grip, and other accessories – the perfect location recording kit
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||84 dB|
|Operating Frequency||20 Hz â€“ 20 kHz|
|Sensitivity||-23.5 dB re. 1 Volt/Pascal or Better (66 mV @ 94 dB SPL @ 1 kHz)|